March 13, 2013

Brown Rice, Grape and Feta Salad


A quick mid-week update as I had the luxury of having a friend for lunch today. This brown rice salad was completely effortless to make, but it will definitely become my new favourite. When grapes are in season, I love eating them as they are, but also adding them to salads and desserts. This dish has a perfect combination of flavours and textures!

Brown Rice, Feta and Grape Salad
(Recipe adapted from Coles)

400g brown rice, cooked and cooled
2 big handfuls of seedless red grapes, washed and halved
200g feta, cubed
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
bunch of parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon-infused olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
handful of raw cashews, lightly toasted

Combine all ingredients and enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice light and wholesome meal, potentially something I could pack into my lunchbox for work. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm love this combination! Must make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a salad I could bring to work that would have me looking forward to lunch!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until grapes are in season again in New England so I can recommence in eating them every which way. This looks so simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joo, tosiaan, nuo viinirypäleet on niiiin herkkua kun on niiden aika. Meillä menee tosi paljon kanssa. Kepeän oloinen mutta varmasti pitää nälkää kun on riisiäkin. Mulla on kans salaatinsuunnittelu menossa kun huomenna tulee illallisvieraita. Ajattelin vähän shokeerata ja tarjota myös graavilohileipiä ruispaloilla alkuun :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi nam, graavilohileivat kuulostaa kylla tosi hyvilta! Varmasti maistuu ;-D

      Delete
  6. I love red or black grapes in salads! This looks lovely and I really like the sound of the lemon dressing with the sweet grapes, herbs and cashews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valloittava salaatti! Viinirypäleet ovat ykkössuosikkejani, vaikka tänne ne joudutaankin raahaamaan kaukaa.

    ReplyDelete