January 01, 2013

Cherry and Camembert Salad


Happy New Year!

I'm starting the New Year with this summery salad that combines some of my favourite flavours: sweet cherries and dried cranberries with creamy Camembert, toasted nuts, peppery greens and tangy balsamic vinegar. I love salads like this on a summer's day - light, but perfectly filling to get you going until the next meal.


There are no exact measurements as I like to throw in ingredients as I please. Just follow your taste buds to adjust the flavours accordingly.

Cherry and Camembert Salad

a couple of big handfuls of mixed salad leaves
a handful of fresh cherries, halved and stoned
a few sliced of Camembert or Brie (in room temperature)
a small handful of mixed nuts, toasted until fragrant
a couple of tablespoons of dried cranberries
2 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil

Mix all and enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, fresh and easy. What a great way to start 2013. Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, creamy camembert, fresh leaves, nuts and dried cranberries. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous recipe! I have some fresh berries ta home that would go perfect in this :) Happy New Year Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, looks delicious - very similar to the rotating handful of ingredients on my salads.

    Though I have to smile, because for a potluck dinner I went in on a salad with a friend... when I told her to pick up "cranberries for the salad", I wrongly assumed she knew cooking well enough that I was referring to dried cranberries.

    Everyone loved the salad, declared the cranberries beautiful in it... and ate around them at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful salad. i love camembert cheese!!! -Sarah Y.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This salad sounds so delicious. I've tried the cherry Camembert combination before, but never in a salad. I think this might be a new one for my Summer repertoire!

    ReplyDelete