May 01, 2010

Mumu Grill, Crows Nest

Mumu Grill was the first place that came to my mind when we were thinking of where to take our steak loving friend for his birthday. Turned out they did indeed have great steaks and the service could not have been better. The steaks were cooked to perfection and they do offer an interesting choice of toppings including a coffee bean and szechwan pepper crust I'm very tempted to try recreate!

We also did our best to make it for happy hour knowing there was $5 beer, $10 cocktails and free tapas on offer. Well worth it, I think!

Tapas with olives and bread

Tapas: chicken wings

Tapas: roasted lamb with sweet sauce and chicken wings

Tasmanian Angus rump topped with roast garlic mustard

Fish of the day: whole snapper served with spinach, corn, tomato and fennel sauce. Slightly disappointing, but this place is all about steaks not fish.

Scotch fillet with blue cheese and mushroom pate

Tasmanian Angus rump topped with roast garlic mustard

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are great Maria! :D everything looks so glossy and lusciously mouthwatering :) The free tapas is rather good quality tapas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumu grill makes some great steaks. You've manage to order quite a wide variety. They looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lorraine and Amy!It is nice to know there is a good steak place near by and you're right Lorraine, the tapas was so good and plentiful we didn't end up ordering any entrees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up for the Happy Hour; free tapas sounds good. Were there a lot of people around at this time?

    Food is wonderful here; I love their T-bone tagliatta *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phuoc: There was hardly anyone there and it was Friday night! Definitely worth getting there early if you can :-)I wouldn't mind going back for a steak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MUMU Grill :) I agree with Lorraine, your photos are awesome, and I know how dim it is in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! You're right, it was so dark there I could hardly see the bones I was picking off my fish, but my flash proved its force :) I probably blinded everyone with it though! Hehe

    ReplyDelete