May 22, 2010

Australian Heritage Hotel Revisited

It's sometimes hard to find a place that would cater for a large group offering good food for a decent price. I've found that the Australian Heritage Hotel can do just that and their famous pizzas have never been disappointing. This time we did get to try some of the other dishes on the menu, but my all time favourites are definitely the BBQ emu pizza and the tiger prawn pizza.

Roast duck pizza - Plum sauce base, mushroom, Spanish onion, Asian greens, shallots, sesame seeds & topped with hoi sin sauce. Good amount of duck on the pizza and that goes for all the pizzas here: they are all good value.

Spiced lamp salad with cous cous, grilled capsicum & rocket with a tomato & herb dressing. Generous amount of lamb by the way! Not your average big bowl of lettuce topped with a couple of slices of meat. Delicious dressing too.

Grilled pure beef, garlic & thyme sausages with potato mash, onion gravy, parsnip chips & chives. Those sausages look delicious!

Chicken and mushroom pie - Chicken & mushrooms in a white wine sauce, served with potato mash and salad. The pie was quite average, but the mash was really nice and so creamy!

Generous portions, good value and friendly staff! But book early, this place is always full especially on Friday nights!

5 comments:

  1. I want the potato mash witht he sausages. Oh my goodness the plating for that one is so theatrical. I love it. I making note of this place. i love good aussie tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza looks so good! And I love how the sausages with mash are presented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beef and mash is something I could eat right now. I've often wondered what the pizza's were like at this place, now I can see! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pizza here is great im keen to go back... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sausages and mash was topped with parsnip chips... and they were as awesome as they looked!

    ReplyDelete